Re: [O] Add caching to org-buffer-property-keys

From: Karl Voit
Subject: Re: [O] Add caching to org-buffer-property-keys
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 15:55:27 +0200

* Thierry Banel <address@hidden> wrote:
> Nice function!
> Maybe a rewrite of (org-read-property-name) calling
> (org-entry-properties) could speed up things.
> (org-entry-properties) returns an assoc list of the local header properties.

OK, great idea.

I tried by myself (Elisp noob) and failed: see code below.

The code evaluates without complaining but when I use the function,
I get asked for a property which gets also correctly written to the
property. However, the completion of the property does not work.

I'm sure, it's only a small error of mine.

Thanks for your help here!

;; version that tries to read only properties of current entry:
(defun org-read-entry-property-name ()
  "Read a property name from the current entry (basically a rewrite of
   org-read-property-name which uses org-entry-properties instead to speed up)"
  (let ((completion-ignore-case t)
    (default-prop (or (and (org-at-property-p)
                   (org-match-string-no-properties 2))
              org-last-set-property)))
    (org-completing-read
     (concat "Property"
         (if default-prop (concat " [" default-prop "]") "")
         ": ")
     ;; ORIGINAL LINE: (mapcar #'list (org-buffer-property-keys nil t t))
     (mapcar #'list (org-entry-properties nil nil))
     nil nil nil nil default-prop)))

(defun my-org-region-to-property (&optional property)
  (interactive)
  ;; if no region is defined, do nothing
  (if (use-region-p)
      ;; if a region string is found, ask for a property and set property to
      ;; the string in the region
      (let ((val (replace-regexp-in-string
                  "\\`[ \t\n]*" ""
                  (replace-regexp-in-string "[ \t\n]*\\'" ""
                                            (substring (buffer-string)
                                                       (- (region-beginning) 1)
                                                       (region-end))))
                 )
            ;; if none was stated by user, read property from user
            (prop (or property
                      (org-read-entry-property-name))))
        ;; set property
        (org-set-property prop val))))

--
mail|git|SVN|photos|postings|SMS|phonecalls|RSS|CSV|XML to Org-mode:

https://github.com/novoid/extract_pdf_annotations_to_orgmode + more on github