Re: [O] [BUG] Failure to run sh source block

From: Christian Moe
Subject: Re: [O] [BUG] Failure to run sh source block
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 08:59:39 +0200

Ken Mankoff writes:

> On 2016-04-10 at 16:44, Christian Moe <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I've hit a couple of odd problems after updating to Emacs 24.5 and Org
>> 8.3.4 (freshly pulled).
>>
>> Trying to run a simple shell source block, e.g.
>>
>> #+begin_src sh
>>   pwd
>> #+end_src
>>
>> fails with this error:
>>
>> org-babel-variable-assignments:sh: Symbol's function definition is void:
>> org-babel-get-header
>
> org-babel-load-languages now uses 'shell' instead of 'sh'.
>
>   -k.

Thanks, I must have missed the announcement. Sorry about the noise.

Clarification needed in the manual?

Org-babel-load-languages is discussed at 14.7 ("Languages"), but the
table of identifiers on that page only has "sh", which works for the
header, but no longer for org-babel-load-languages.

Yours,
Christian