Re: [O] [OT] A new web browser‽

From: Ramon Diaz-Uriarte
Subject: Re: [O] [OT] A new web browser‽
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2016 20:17:24 +0200

Dear Eric,

On Sun, 10-04-2016, at 15:17, Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> wrote:
> Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:
>

> I installed the eww-lnum package right away, as that provides the main
> functionality I liked from Conkeror: hit a key, and pick a link to do
> something with. Rather strangely, the KeySnail plugin for Firefox seems
> to do everything *but* this, which I thought was weird since, if you're
> going to control your browser through the keyboard, following links is
> generally the main thing you want to do. I've only had it for a few
> hours, though, so maybe I'm missing something.

I think you might want to try the "HoK" (hit a hint for KeySnail) extension,
available here

https://github.com/mooz/keysnail/wiki/plugin

In fact, it might already be available by default (I think it was in my
installation) but you might not have key bindings set up for it (you
can check if it is available by M-x: hok)

There is a comment about this extension (and the also very neat Tanything
extension) in

http://blog.binchen.org/posts/use-firefox-in-emacs-way-3.html

I have configured HoK in my .keysnail.js so that the behavior of HoK is now
similar to what I had with conkeror (follow links in new buffers (or tabs)
or new windows, etc).

Caveat emptor: I only started playing with KeySnail a few hours ago, after
seeing Rasmus' comment this morning.

Best,

R.

--