Re: [O] babel result chain outdated/inconsistent using var

From: Daniele Pizzolli
Subject: Re: [O] babel result chain outdated/inconsistent using var
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2016 11:22:35 +0200

On Thu, Apr 07 2016, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Daniele Pizzolli writes:
>
>> #+NAME: pid-result
>> #+RESULTS: pid
>> #+NAME: echo-pid
>> #+BEGIN_SRC shell :var DATA=pid-result :results value
>> printf '%s' "${DATA}" #+END_SRC
>>
>> #+RESULTS: echo-pid
>
> You are giving two names to the block, which is not possible.

Hello,

Sorry for the confusion, I deleted one line more than the result ones.
I guess a new line or a comment or a text is enough to separate the
blocks.

> I don't know what you are trying to do here but you seem to confuse
> blocks with their results. They can be named independently.

I copied your example without the results, here is the updated
version, and even with a comment between the block produces the same
error `(error "Reference `pid-result' not found in this buffer")'
after calling `org-babel-execute-buffer'

#+NAME: pid
#+BEGIN_SRC shell :results value :cache no
printf '%s' "${$}"
#+END_SRC

#+NAME: pid-result
#+RESULTS: pid

# Some comment is required here to separate blocks, but it does not
# work either

#+NAME: echo-pid
#+BEGIN_SRC shell :var DATA=pid-result :results value
printf '%s' "${DATA}"
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS: echo-pid

Do I am missing something else?  Thanks again for your assistance.
Daniele