Re: [O] Space after an inline emacs call affects output on export

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Space after an inline emacs call affects output on export
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2016 15:21:41 +0200

Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

> However, I am curious as to why the output from the inline source
> evaluation is different?  I.e. why =xxx= versus xxx?  What is the
> rationale for one versus the other?

The result of the inline source evaluation is =xxx= (I'll ignore the
no-op results macro around it). If =xxx= can be parsed as a verbatim
object, it becomes \textt{xxx} in the output. If it cannot, = signs
appear as-is in the output.

In the second case, something is preventing =xxx= from being parsed as
a verbatim object.

Regards,