[O] clock tables and archived trees

From: Tyler Smith
Subject: [O] clock tables and archived trees
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 09:48:15 -0400

Hi,

I've been using clock tables to track my work, and it works pretty well.
I have a journal.org file, with a different heading for each month.
Under that heading is a clocktable with the :block property set to that
month, and :step day. This gives me a daily summary for the month.

However, if I complete a task early in the month, and then archive its
heading, any further updates to the clocktable will not reflect the time
spent on that item - the effort is no longer included in the clock
table.

Is there a way to cope with this? Perhaps a setting to keep the times
for archived items, or a different workflow that will allow for dynamic
work time-tracking that is compatible with archiving completed tasks?

Thanks for any suggestions,

Tyler

--
plantarum.ca