Re: [O] org-bbdb-anniversaries, bbdb v3

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] org-bbdb-anniversaries, bbdb v3
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2016 11:59:56 -0500

Michael Welle <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I got org-bbdb from the master branch (and all the other files from the
> package), wrote a small function that can parse the date format of my
> bbdb and now it works as expected.

I don't want to discourage you from such experimentation, but I think
this is something to be avoided in general: you have a frankenstein
installation that cannot be easily up- or down-graded to fix problems
and any problems you encounter will have to be passed through a filter
to figure out whether they arise from your specific installation method
or whether they apply to org in general. IOW, it is less useful both to
you (except for getting o-b-a-f, I guess) and to the developers than
either straight maint or straight master.

--
Nick