Re: [O] Checkbox cookies not shown anymore when refiling

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Checkbox cookies not shown anymore when refiling
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2016 12:23:10 +0100

Hello,

Georges <address@hidden> writes:

> Nicolas Goaziou <mail <at> nicolasgoaziou.fr> writes:
>
> gekoc <gekoc <at> laposte.net> writes:
>
>>> With Org-mode version 8.3.4 (8.3.4-5-gdc68d2-elpa), it seems the
>>> checkbox cookies are not shown in the possible refile locations
>>> anymore when calling org-agenda-refile.
>
>> Actually, that was the intent since commit
>> 0c67513e7dbc260ba24552ae71d4cac40e5cec2a (Sep 2010), but the regexp was
>> buggy. This was fixed recently.
>
> Which regexp are refering to?

Did you look at the commit? This is a one-line change introducing
a single regexp.

> I would very much like the checkbox cookies "[2/5]" be shown at all
> times.

The problem is that it could clutter the display, and statistics cookie
are, for most use-cases, I assume, not an interesting information when
it comes to refiling.

> Is there an easy way I can tweak this regexp to do so?

No, there isn't. At the moment, your option is to write an advice, as
suggested earlier.

I guess we could introduce a variable, e.g.,
`org-refile-displayed-headline-function' which could contain a function
called with no argument and returning a string to use as the displayed
value for the entry in the completion menu. It would default to the
current behaviour.

I have the feeling it would be over-engineering, tho. What do you, and
others think?

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou