Re: [O] streamlined capture on iphone

From: Skip Collins
Subject: Re: [O] streamlined capture on iphone
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 12:08:16 -0500

Ken Mankoff <address@hidden> wrote:
> I use only MobileOrg and can capture to my desktop by tapping only
> a 5 buttons:
> 1) The app icon, 2) enter text (or tap the mic button and speak),
> 3) Done 4) Outline Mode 5) Sync.
>
> My Desktop then automatically updates w/o 5 minute delay.
> Captured notes are tagged as REFILE and show up in a section of the
> Agenda that only shows up if there are things that need to be refiled.
> There are no need for external scripts and the only 3rd party service
> is DropBox.

My system requires 3 steps:
1) Open Drafts, 2) enter text, 3) tap one button on the screen

My desktop automatically updates. Captured notes are tagged as REFILE,
just like yours. No Dropbox required, only a Google account. The
script runs on Google's servers.

> Alternatively, I have a workflow that lets me do the hands-free
> "Hey Siri..." and just speak at my phone,

Drafts can automatically sync with iOS Reminders, so I can get close
to the same functionality. In order for Siri-captured reminders to
appear in Org, I do have to open Drafts and tap the button to trigger
the email.