Re: [O] Is it possible to keep /all/ the heading properties in one place

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Is it possible to keep /all/ the heading properties in one place?
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2016 17:05:09 +0000

On Sunday, 28 Feb 2016 at 17:46, Rasmus wrote:
> Did you try prettify-symbol-mode?

That's exactly what I am using and tried:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (defun esf/setup-org-prettify-symbols ()
    (setq prettify-symbols-alist '(("\\to" . →)
                                   ("SCHEDULED:". 🕗)
                                   ("DEADLINE:" . 🏁)
                                   )))
  (add-hook 'org-mode-hook 'esf/setup-org-prettify-symbols)
#+end_src

The \to is there for testing and this bit seems to work without
problems.  It's the two new lines that cause difficulties.

> Though org will do some fortification already, which might cause the
> error you are seeing.

There's some clash somewhere because enabling the above causes
fontification to fail partway through my org file.

> Fallback might be too strong, but you could use the prepend argument to
> set-fontset-font.  Here’s what I used to use.  In Emacs-25 it seems I
> don’t really mess with this anymore, though.

Thanks for this.  But it does seem like it's not necessary in emacs
25.  I only use pre-25 emacs on my Nokia but I don't need this kind of
font support there so I'll leave things be.

Thanks again,
eric
--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.0.91.1, Org release_8.3.4-626-gb62d55