Re: [O] * [[shell:cat ~/tmp | grep "asdf :: "]] does not work.

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] * [[shell:cat ~/tmp | grep "asdf :: "]] does not work.
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2016 00:03:13 +0100

Hello,

Josef Atmin <address@hidden> writes:

> Well, one could also say [[shell:cat ~/tmp | grep "asdf :: "]] is link
> syntax, no matter how you look at it.  It is a question of precedence.

Of course. I'm just telling you how Org sees it.

> I think it is more obvious to interpret
>
>    * [[ ... :: ... ]] ....
>
> as a link syntax rather than a descrition list entry.

It's less interesting because it implies backtracking. Anyway, as said
previously, just put your link on the line below, and the problem is
solved.

> But even if the * .... :: syntax takes precedence, then the folowing
> should work, I think, but it does not.
>
>    * test :: [[shell:cat ~/tmp | grep "asdf :: "]]
>
> If I klick on the link, I still get the errror message "No link
> found".

This is because tag matches to the last "::" in the line. Without that,
you cannot have "::" in a tag.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou