Re: [O] [bug] inserting footnotes via org-footnote-action command

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [bug] inserting footnotes via org-footnote-action command
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 22:53:20 +0100

Hello,

Martin Carlé <address@hidden> writes:

> the outline heading containing footnote definitions (as specified by
> org-footnote-section) does not accept tags.
>
> E.g. if you add a tag to this headline and then try to insert a footnote
> via the org-footnote-action command, always a new headline without the
> tag is created and the former footnote order gets spoiled.
>
> I would be nice, if this could be fixed, such that org-footnote-section
> can have tags (or even to-do keywords, drawers, etc.).

You shouldn't put anything else than footnotes in the footnotes section.
It can be erased without notice, e.g., when sorting footnotes, and all
information inside, besides footnotes, will be lost.

See it as a reserved (optional) headline. Maybe the manual should be
more explicit about it.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou