Re: [O] Default location for "./" with respect to capture file+headline

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: Re: [O] Default location for "./" with respect to capture file+headline
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2016 12:00:54 -0500

John Hendy <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> Thank you very much! That did it and let me run my "sandbox" org
> capture demonstration nicely.
>
> So I can fish for myself next time, did you happen to just know this
> relationship, or search the manuals for "capture"? I took a look at
> the templates manual page and simply say file+headline used, though
> with an absolute path.
> - http://orgmode.org/manual/Capture-templates.html#Capture-templates

It doesn't seem to be mentioned in the capture documentation (either the
manual or org-capture-templates's docstring).  I think I knew about
org-directory from looking into something with
org-read-agenda-file-list, which is another place it is used.  Until
recently, org-directory's docstring was stale for a long time and nobody
noticed, so I'm guessing few people use the variable.

I've updated org-capture-templates and the capturing section of the
manual to mention org-directory.

--
Kyle