Re: [O] Descriptive links in tables no longer working

From: Loris Bennett
Subject: Re: [O] Descriptive links in tables no longer working
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2016 17:44:14 +0100

> Hello,
>
> "Loris Bennett" <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I opened an file today which I hadn't looked at for a while and found
>> that descriptive links in tables seems to have stopped working:
>>
>> | [[http://orgmode.org][Org]]  |
>>
>> Within the table, I can't toggle between descriptive and literal links.
>> Outside the table everything is OK.
>
> Could you elaborate on "stopped working"? Also, what is "toggling
> between descriptive and literal links" ?

Sorry.  The function seems to be org-toggle-link-display.  This normally
toggles between say

[[http://orgmode.org][Org]]

and

Org

However, if the link is in a table, the long form with the square
brackets does not change, but links outside the table do.  The following
error appears in the messages buffer:

Error during redisplay: (jit-lock-function 17316) signaled (wrong-type-argument
listp org-table)

Loris