Re: [O] [ox-html] Why are dedicated targets automatically renamed?

From: Sébastien Brisard
Subject: Re: [O] [ox-html] Why are dedicated targets automatically renamed?
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2016 08:27:17 +0100

Hello again,

> > Oh really? It does work, though. I use this feature on my blog to link
> > to bibrefs that are in another page. Links like
> >
> >  [[file:../pages/references.org::#TARI2008][Tariel et al., 2008]]
> >
> > get exported correctly. Only, the HTML target name is orgtargetXX.
> > Which means that if I add a new bibliographic reference in the
> > references.org file, I need to reexport the whole website, rather than
> > the pages that have changed.
> >
> > But, if I understand correctly, I should not be using this kind of
> > links anyway?
>
> If you do, you're on your own. We cannot ensure this will always work.

Fair enough. I did not realize that, I will no longer this feature, then.

> > Yeah, I have explored a solution using custom IDs. They don't work
> > with lists, though (I use description lists for my references). Then I
> > need to define every new bib entry as a header. It's doable, and if
> > you confirm that what I do at the moment should not be working at all,
> > then I will switch to this option.
>
> You could insert your own targets with #+HTML or @@html:...@@
> directives, e.g.,
>
>   #+HTML: <a id="myid"></a>
>   Text

I'd rather use a "pure org" option. My solution is as follows. Replace
all description list items, like

  - <<BIGO1994>>
[[http://www.ing.unitn.it/~bigoni/paper/eigenvalues.pdf][Bigoni and
Zaccaria (1994)]] :: D. Bigoni and D. Zaccaria, /On the eigenvalues of
the acoustic tensor in elastoplasticity/, European Journal of
Mechanics - A/Solids 13(5):621-638, 1994

With headings

* [[http://www.ing.unitn.it/~bigoni/paper/eigenvalues.pdf][Bigoni and
Zaccaria (1994)]]
  :PROPERTIES:
  :CUSTOM_ID: BIGO1994
  :HTML_CONTAINER_CLASS: sb-bib
  :END:

The trick being to use HTML_CONTAINER_CLASS to tune the appearance of
these headings from the CSS file. Although a bit more verbose, this
solution exports links correctly.

> Another option is to implement `org-latex-prefer-user-labels' for HTML
> back-end, if you want to.

... Which is way beyond my elisp capabilities!!!

Anyway, thanks for this very helpful answer. Orgmode is great!

Best regards,
Sébastien