Re: [O] Stackoverflow in regexp matcher

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Stackoverflow in regexp matcher
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2016 10:47:39 -0500

"Loris Bennett" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> On refreshing the #+TAGS via 'C-c C-c' I'm am getting the following error
>
> Stackoverflow in regexp matcher

Not "Stack overflow in ..."? I searched for Stackoverflow both in the
org-mode directory and the emacs source directory (but I'm not up to
date with either so I might have missed a recent change): I didn't find
anything.

I found the similar

./src/search.c:  error ("Stack overflow in regexp matcher");

> I have tried bisecting the file, but the problem does not seem to be
> caused by a specific part.  Instead it just seems to occur at a fairly
> random point once the file becomes long enough.
>
> The file is a beamer presentation with 1375 lines.  If I add
>
> * 0123456789
>
> to the end of the file (or insert it at some other point), I can still
> refresh.  If I add
>
> * 0123456789
> 0
>
> I get "Stackoverflow in regexp matcher".
>
> Does anyone have any ideas how to proceed here?

M-x toggle-debug-on-error RET

try to reproduce and send the backtrace (if any).

--
Nick