[O] [ox-html] Why are dedicated targets automatically renamed?

From: Sébastien Brisard
Subject: [O] [ox-html] Why are dedicated targets automatically renamed?
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 07:45:23 +0100

Hi,
I have noticed that org-mode now renames dedicated targets. More
precisely, the following org file

===== beginning of a.org =====
  - <<item1>>Item 1
  - <<item2>>Item 2
===== end of a.org =====

gets exported to html as

===== beginning of a.html (extract) =====
<ul class="org-ul">
</ul>
href="http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/";>Emacs</a> 24.5.1 (<a
href="http://orgmode.org";>Org</a> mode 8.3.3)</p>
href="http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=referer";>Validate</a></p>
===== end of a.html =====

Notice that the targets were renamed item1 -> orgtarget1 and item2 ->
orgtarget2. Why is that?  With org-publish, it messes up links across
files.
Is there an option that allows to preserve the user's target name on export?
I've tried to grep for "orgtarget" through all org files, and could
not find where this feature was defined.

Thanks for your help,
Sébastien

PS: org-mode 8.2.1 does not have this problem, while v 8.3.3 does.