Re: [O] Working on iPad Pro

From: Peter Davis
Subject: Re: [O] Working on iPad Pro
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2016 15:15:53 -0500

Thanks for the input, all. I did discover after posting this that vSSH has a setting to make 'Alt' act as the meta key. The Apple Smart Keyboard Cover doesn't actually have an Alt key, but ... lo and behold ... it works with the Option key! This is great for me, since it's the same key I use for meta on my Macs, so no re-learning is required. (I did not find an option like this in the Prompt app, though it may be there somewhere.)

For now, this seems an adequate, though not ideal, solution. I'll have to use it more to see how well it works for authoring blog posts.

One irksome limitation of any ssh solution is that I can't just export my org files to HTML and preview the results automatically. I'm sure I'll find other issues as I start using this workflow more heavily.

Thanks,
-pd

--
----