Re: [O] org-agenda-filter-by-tag-refine defaults to exclude

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: Re: [O] org-agenda-filter-by-tag-refine defaults to exclude
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2016 19:57:56 -0500

Hi Gustav,

Gustav Wikström <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> If you want to make any change,

Given that, as of 6c6ae99, the function's behavior doesn't match its
name or its previous behavior, I don't think leaving it unchanged is a
good option.

> I'd suggest to instead change the name
> of org-agenda-filter-by-tag-refine to org-agenda-filter-by-tag-exclude
> and to leave the code within the function as is (well.. maybe change
> 'refine to 'exclude with the same argument as to the function name
> change).

Like Viktor, I'm in favor of just removing it, because both its old and
new behavior are easily accomplished with the current
org-agenda-filter-by-tag.

This already made it into a release (v8.3), so in maint I plan to remove
the refine (now exclude) argument from org-agenda-filter-by-tag-refine's
call to org-agenda-filter-by-tag.  I think that gets the function as
close as we can to the old behavior without making any major changes.
In master, I'll just remove org-agenda-filter-by-tag-refine.

I'll make those changes in a few days unless someone objects.

--
Kyle