Re: [O] status of mobile (Android)

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] status of mobile (Android)
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2016 14:07:26 -0600

On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 1:11 PM, Saša Janiška <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm returning to Emacs-land and wonder whether mobile-org is still
> working with org-mode?

Still works, though the development looks like it's tapered off over ~2 years:
- https://github.com/matburt/mobileorg-android

> Do you have any other recommendation to sync tasks with Android phones?

Not that I'm aware of... there's another variant (mobile-org-ng), but
like this thread, I stuck with the original:
- https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2012-09/msg00651.html

> For contacts/calendars I was using org-vcard/org-caldav and they worked
> pretty well via ownCloud, but now, when i use GNOME, I can't tell
> whether calendars are visible on GNOME's status bar?
>
> There is Orgly, which is not open-source, but not sure whether it's
> better than mobileorg?
>
> Is there something which would work with ownCloud?

The mailing list is probably the best resource. Here's a couple of
relevant [recent] hits:
- http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/103357/focus=104524
- http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/104406/focus=104452

John