Re: [O] org-player and switch to lexical binding in org.el

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] org-player and switch to lexical binding in org.el
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2016 14:32:17 +0100

Hello,

Michael Brand <address@hidden> writes:

> On Sun, Jan 17, 2016 at 9:40 PM, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> In the current case, you need to use match string:
>>
>>   (add-to-list 'org-file-apps
>>                (cons (concat org-player-file-extensions-regexp
>>                              "::\\([0-9]+:[0-9]+\\(:[0-9]+\\)?\\)")
>>                      (lambda (file link)
>>                        (org-player-play-file file (match-string 1 link)))))
>>
>> WDYT?
>
> I am still not able to get your suggestion that Paul has implemented
> in the meantime in org-player.el 1.0.1 to work. Now I am trying to
> understand what I am missing with the lambda.
>
> Has the (eval cmd) in org-open-file to be extended somehow to the
> variant (funcall cmd) as lambda evaluates to itself?

My suggestion was hypothetical, and not yet implemented. No wonder it
doesn't work.

If you think this change sounds reasonable, I can implement it, tho.
However, there is some backward incompatibility involved.

The current solution, i.e., using `eval' only provides `file' symbol.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou