[O] Inconsistent {{{time}}} org macro expansion

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: [O] Inconsistent {{{time}}} org macro expansion
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 19:59:10 +0000

Hi,

I am getting different outputs from org-export-get-date depending on whether I export the full org file or just a selected heading. For #+DATE, I am using a {{{time}}} macro.

Here's a test org file:

=====

#+DATE: {{{time(%b %e %Y\, %a)}}}
* Heading 1
Content 1
* Heading 2
Content 2

=====

And here is a test org-html-postamble function to help debug this:

=====

(defun my/org-html-postamble-fn (info)
  (let ((date (car (org-export-get-date info))))
    (message "Date: %S" date)))
(setq org-html-postamble #'my/org-html-postamble-fn)

=====

SCENARIO 1: Normal export [GOOD]
In this scenario, I export the full org file to html (C-c C-e h h) without selecting anything.
This is the output I get in *Messages*

Date: #("Jan 28 2016, Thu" 0 16 (:parent (#0)))

I get a date I case use in the postamble output.

SCENARIO 2: Export only one of the headings. [BAD]
Now select just the "Heading 1" sub-tree and then do C-c C-e h h.
This time, the output is:

Date: (macro (:key "time" :value "{{{time(%b %e %Y\\, %a)}}}" :args ("%b %e %Y, %a") :begin 1 :end 26 :post-blank 0 :parent (#0)))

So it looks like the time macro did not expand.

Why is that? Is it a bug?

This is my org version: Org-mode version 8.3.3 (release_8.3.3-509-gc17fcc @ /home/kmodi/usr_local/apps/6/emacs/emacs-25/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/)

Thanks.

Kaushal Modi