Re: [O] set modes for org-edit-special (elisp block)

From: Alan Schmitt
Subject: Re: [O] set modes for org-edit-special (elisp block)
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 11:23:17 +0100

Hello,

On 2016-01-25 12:37, Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:

> Alan Schmitt <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I’m having the same problem with python: I’m still in emacs-lisp mode.
>> I checked the value of the variable and it is as expected. For some
>> reason the change is not picked up. Is it because there are several
>> occurrences of "elisp" in the list and it’s not the first one that is
>> picked up?
>>

> org-src--get-lang-mode uses assoc, so it should pick up the first pair
> whose car matches. You can try it by hand:
>
> (org-src--get-lang-mode "elisp")
>
> Of course, it's possible (but unlikely) that somebody is using some
> other way to get at the mode.

I finally found the source of my problem, and I feel very stupid: my
elisp blocks use the name "emacs-lisp" as language, so this
customization was not picked up, since "elisp" and "emacs-lisp" are
different.

Sorry for the confusion,

Alan

--
OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7
Athmospheric CO₂ (Updated January 25, 2016, Mauna Loa Obs.): 404.15 ppm