Re: [O] commit 7b9f2fba66 (was: commit 860bcfbf93)

From: Rafael Laboissiere
Subject: Re: [O] commit 7b9f2fba66 (was: commit 860bcfbf93)
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 01:11:21 +0100

* Achim Gratz <address@hidden> [2016-01-25 19:34]:

Achim Gratz writes:

This commit is marked as TINYCHANGE, but committed by the author himself. How and why did someone not having assigned copyright to the FSF get push access to the Orgmode repository?

The same thing again, with no previous communication on the mailing list and again on maint without a clear indication of whether that's changing functionality.

Again, who gave this person the commit bit?

I am the author of the commits and I sincerely apologize for breaking the usual rules of development of Org-mode.

I contributed in the past to both Worg and Org-mode itself. I do not remember who gave me push access to the Git repositories, it was some years ago. I have forgotten that all my contributions and patches to Org-mode where integrated by others into Git. This time, when I fixed the bugs in my commits 860bcfb and 7b9f2fb, I thought that I have pushed changes in the past myself. Sorry for the confusion.

As a matter of fact, none of those two commits introduced changes in functionality.

Nicolas Goaziou contacted me privately and suggested to get the copyright assignment from FSF. I am about to sent the form to them and will keep you informed when it is finished. In the meanwhile, I will send my patches to the ML, if there will be any.

Best regards,

Rafael Laboissière