[O] Display problems after capture

From: Cheryl Wheeler
Subject: [O] Display problems after capture
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2016 19:01:11 -0500

Hi,

I am a new org-mode user, and I am in the process of setting up to-do lists and templates. In my init.el, I have the following:

  (define-key global-map "\C-cc" 'org-capture)
  (setq org-capture-templates
     '(
         ("x" "Todo" entry (file+headline "~/org/test.org" "Inbox")
"* TODO %^{Brief Description} %^g\n:LOGBOOK:\n- Added: %U\n:END:\n\n\n\n"
          )
      )
  )

In my test.org file, I have two top-level headlines:

  * INBOX...

  * TASKS...

Note the blank line between the headlines. My first problem is that, while test.org is open in a buffer, I use my template to add a new Todo to INBOX, and then I see this:

  * INBOX...* TASKS...

I can expand TASKS by placing the cursor on it and pressing TAB. The second problem is that when I expand the TASKS headline, the structure within the TASKS subtree is displayed incorrectly. If I press TAB once, it looks OK, except the extra line after the INBOX headline is gone.

  * INBOX
  * TASKS
  :PROPERTIES:...
** TODO Open high interest account :COMPUTER:
  ** TODO Clean and wax winter boots :HOME:
  ** TODO Post stuff on FreeCycle   :COMPUTER:

If I press TAB again, I see the following:

  * INBOX
  * TASKS
  :PROPERTIES:...
** TODO Open high interest account :COMPUTER:
  :LOGBOOK:...
  Comment
  ** TODO Clean and wax winter boots                              :HOME:
  :LOGBOOK:...
  :LOGBOOK:...
  - Ott Lite
  - Craft cases
  - Magnets

In addition to the 3rd second-level headline not being displayed, there is an item in the list before "- Ott Lite" which is also not displayed. It is folded within the :END: statement of the last LOGBOOK. At this point, I can easily make Emacs hang by changing the levels of the second-level headlines a few times using M-<right arrow> and M-<left arrow>. If instead I kill the buffer and reopen my org file, everything is displayed correctly, but the blank line between the headlines is still gone.

My question: are these bugs, or something I am doing wrong? My setup is Windows 7, Emacs 24.5.1 (i686-pc-mingw32), org-mode 8.3.3 (8.3.3-2-g6bc48c-elpaplus @ c:/Users/catslaves/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20160111/).

Thanks!