Re: [O] Require feedback on an idea: move to a central server all my org

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] Require feedback on an idea: move to a central server all my org file and edit from there?
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2016 09:58:45 -0500

you might adapt this: https://github.com/bbatsov/super-save

it saves buffers when they lose focus. You could also have them commit and push with a little more work.

John

-----------------------------------
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F
Department of Chemical Engineering
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
412-268-7803

On Sat, Jan 23, 2016 at 8:10 AM, Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:
On Saturday, 23 Jan 2016 at 09:22, Xebar Saram wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Was wondering about input regarding having all my orgmode files on a
> remote server and editing from there?

I have a similar situation to you (4 machines, using git + unison) and
sympathise.  I have managed to be careful enough that it works for
me.  However, using a remote server could be quite easy using Emacs
remote access capabilities.

For instance, you can have your org agenda files include remote files:

(setq org-agenda-files '(
  "/ssh:a.remote.hostname.org:/home/user/myremotefile.org"
  "a.local.file.org"))

this will work nicely *if* you have a robust and low latency connection
to the remote server.

Of course, the other solution is to use some proprietary cloud server as
somebody else has already noted.

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.0.50.1, Org release_8.3.3-475-g58af2e