Re: [O] quote block interrupts text?

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] quote block interrupts text?
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 10:35:19 +0100

Hello,

Lawrence Bottorff <address@hidden> writes:

> I've got this
>
> ** The quick red fox
>
>    #+BEGIN_QUOTE
>    red foxes are great
>    #+END_QUOTE
>
>    jumped over the lazy brown dog.
>
> But when I export to HTML I see the

>    <h3 id="orgheadline5">
>            The quick red fox
>     </h3>
>
> That is, the export is introducing <p> when the level's text resumes after
> the quote, forcing me to pick through my style.css and change everything
> individually, e.g., font-size.

As their name suggest, quote (or src, etc.) /blocks/ are not inline.
When you start one, you end the currently running paragraph. Once the
block is over, you start another one.

> What I need is for the "jumped over the lazy dog." to not be in
> outside it, i.e., at the same level as the first block of text.
> Basically, I want a way to insert quotes, code blocks, whatever and
> not have it twist up the HTML.

Now, I do not fully understand your request. "the first block of text"
is the title, right? Everything but the title is located within <div
id="text-1-5" class="outline-text-3">.

Anyway, it would help to now what you really want to achieve with your
Org document.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou