Re: [O] Renaming of +NAME for code blocks to in HTML export, no longer u

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Renaming of +NAME for code blocks to in HTML export, no longer user defined
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 10:20:12 +0100

Hello,

Adam Aviv <address@hidden> writes:

> Interesting. I don't know if it is a bug, though, as this seems intentional
> and matches my experience. The idea being that if you want to label
> something, you use the :name tag, but this will make it so the second item
> is evaluated, producing a unique identifier. The unique identifier is then
> assigned instead of the :name tag. If it was an, OR, however, then every
> element block would get a label, and that might be suboptimal given that
> not every block is referenced later.

That's correct.

> I would still like to be able to add my own name tags, but understand why
> this might have been changed to avoid to blocks having the same label.

That and the fact that one might introduce forbidden characters in the
name (e.g., ask the user to know about forbidden characters in the
target format). The generic names are pretty safe.

Anyway, what about using special blocks to generate custom <div>?

  #+attr_html: :property whatever
  #+begin_something
  #+end_something

Regards,