Re: [O] How to install CDLaTeX in emacs24, on Windows 7?

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] How to install CDLaTeX in emacs24, on Windows 7?
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 15:25:21 +0100

"address@hidden" <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm not very good at emacs

Don’t worry.  It will come!

You could check (info "eintr"); it’s a pretty cool book.

> so when you say "load path" do you mean <C:\home\.emacs.d\elpa\>? My
> .emacs configuration file is in <C:\home\>, so where do I put
> cdlatex.el? Do you know if yasnippet and cdlatex are compatible or not?

It’s configurable.  Check the folders in the variable load-path
(hint: do C-h v RET load-path RET; RET is Enter, C is Ctrl)

Try to add something like this to your init.el:

    (add-to-list 'load-path (expand-file-name
                             (concat user-emacs-directory "lisp")))

And evaluate it in the session (C-x C-e at last closing parenthesis).
Then look up the value of load-path.  It will probably be something like
C:\home\.emacs.d\lisp (I don’t know windows very well, sorry).  Now put
the cdlatex.el in this folder.  It’s now in the Emacs load path and you,
or Org, can require it.  If you want to be fancy, you can byte-compile
cdlatex.el (M-x byte-compile-file).

> Please refer to the screenshot at this
> link for Emacs my path file:
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/34884310/emacs-org-cdlatex-mode-where-do-you-put-the-cdlatex-el-script

I did not check this.

Hope it helps,
Rasmus

--
The right to be left alone is a human right