Re: [O] Vertically aligning images in tables?

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] Vertically aligning images in tables?
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 13:36:35 -0600

On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 12:24 PM, Peter Davis <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi, John,
>
> Yes, of course I Googled it first. I went through the first couple of pages
> of results without finding anything that appeared to be
> suitable for use with org. Of course, I'm neither a LaTeX expert nor an Org
> expert, so it's likely that I misunderstood.
>
> You seem to have a complaint about every question I post here, so evidently
> I'm abusing the list. I'm sorry for taking up too much
> of your time.

I promise I don't mean to single you out! I respond to the issues as I see them.

My thought when reading was whether or not the issue was LaTeX related
or Org related. While many readers of the list *are* LaTeX experts, in
my opinion it's a lot easier to solve it in LaTeX first (via direct
routes) and post to the list with something like:

"This works in latex:

#+begin_latex
... code ...
#+end_latex

How could I do that in Org?"

Otherwise, those not knowing any better (myself) are left looking for
an Org solution when it's really a matter of solving the LaTeX end of
things. When I went to look for LaTeX-specific fixes, I didn't see
anyone using code like yours (except with things like
\baseline{value}), so it made me wonder why you might think that would
work. Intuitively, if p works, I'd think it would show up on latex.SE.
I'm guessing previous replies have colored the most recent one. It was
just meant as a suggestion to get an answer faster, nothing against
you!

John