[O] org-file using tramp + babel?

From: John Kitchin
Subject: [O] org-file using tramp + babel?
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2016 20:52:27 -0500

Hi, I opened an org file using tramp on a remote server. It opened fine,
and I had no trouble writing text and saving it. For fun I tried running
a src block (a shell block that just returned the hostname), and got
this error:

>%s'...failed
tramp-file-name-handler: Couldn't write region to
`/scp:address@hidden:/var/folders/5q/lllv2yf95hg_n6h6kjttbmdw0000gn/T/ob-input-30024dza',
decode using `base64 -d -i >%s' failed

Should this have worked? It looks like it tried to write a local path
from my Mac to the server, and that path doesn't exist there.

Some details (not sure they are relevant):
I am running Emacs on a Mac, and opened a file on a remote Centos5
server.

Thanks!

--
Professor John Kitchin