Re: [O] Bug: org-map-entries seems broken

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: org-map-entries seems broken
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 11:39:20 -0500

Hello,

"T.F. Torrey" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I have a function that uses org-map-entries to build a list of entries.
> It worked until recently.  Now, it fails with simple combinations.  For
> instance, 'LEVEL=1' matches what it should, and 'weblog' matches what it
> should, but 'LEVEL=1+weblog' does not match the intersecting set, or
> anything at all.  Did I miss a change in the syntax, or maybe did a
> recent refactoring introduce an error?  Does anyone else use this kind
> of matching and have it work?

Things seem to be working on my end.  Both release_8.3.3 and the
current master (23f31a9) are giving me the same results:

#+begin_src elisp
  (org-map-entries
   (lambda () (substring-no-properties (org-get-heading t)))
   "LEVEL=1")
#+end_src

#+RESULTS:
| a | b |

#+begin_src elisp
  (org-map-entries
   (lambda () (substring-no-properties (org-get-heading t)))
   "atag")
#+end_src

#+RESULTS:
| aa | b | ba | bb |

#+begin_src elisp
  (org-map-entries
   (lambda () (substring-no-properties (org-get-heading t)))
   "LEVEL=1+atag")
#+end_src

#+RESULTS:
| b |

* a
** aa                                                                   :atag:
** ab
* b                                                                    :atag:
** ba
** bb

Kyle