Re: [O] Fill-up Kanban board with entries

From: Shakthi Kannan
Subject: Re: [O] Fill-up Kanban board with entries
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 11:01:54 +0530

Hi Nick,

--- On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 10:17 AM, Nick Dokos <address@hidden> wrote:
| Try replacing "TAG" with nil and see if that
| gets you further.
\--

That didn't take me further.

---
| But my hunch is that the kanban-* functions are either
| buggy or they have not been kept up to date with recent developments in
| org, so they are not going to work even after that change.
\--

You are right.

---
| Your best bet
| might be to contact the author of kanban.el: it is not part of org-mode
| after all (not even in contrib).
\--

I have written to the author.

---
| Suggestion for the future: if you are using functions outside org-mode
| proper in your question, please provide either the code of the functions
| themselves or at least a URL where one can find the code. And make the
| example complete: I had to add a #+TODO: line for all the states in
| order for kanban-headers to work.
\--

Oops! Sorry about that. I use kanban-20150930.917 from:

https://bitbucket.org/ArneBab/kanban.el/src/54d855426372095df01549c2cebec73bd0556891/kanban.el?fileviewer=file-view-default

I also have the following in my Emacs start-up:

(setq org-todo-keywords
  '((sequence "TODO(t)" "NEXT(n)" "STARTED(s)" "WAITING(w)" "|"
"DONE(d)" "CANCELED(c)")))

Thanks for your reply,

SK

--