Re: [O] Tags v. PROPERTIES for noexport and ignoreheadings

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] Tags v. PROPERTIES for noexport and ignoreheadings
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2016 00:51:25 +0100

Ken Mankoff <address@hidden> writes:

> On 2016-01-05 at 18:29, Rasmus <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Ken Mankoff <address@hidden> writes:
>>> I'm trying to figure out when I should be using tags and when I
>
>>> should be using properties, for the cases of "noexport" and
>>> "ignoringheading".
>>
>> If you are working on a patch to be submitted to org, you should use a
>> property unless you have good reasons not to (IMO). If you are working
>> on a hack do whatever you want...
>
> I'm asking as an end-user writing a document. I'd rather use an
> official solution than a hack. I've been using the hacked tag solution
> but thought that there was a recent official change.

There’s no consensus.  As you mentioned there's noexport tags.
ox-koma-letter relies heavily on tags as well.  UNNUMBERED is a
property...

There’s no official way to use ignoreheadings.  The closes thing is the
ox-extra in contrib where Aaron curates a couple of hacks (the
ignoreheadings one by was first posted by Eric Schulte, I think when he
wrote about his thesis in Org).  That filter also uses a tag ("ignore"),
but it would be trivial to change to a property, if you prefer.

Eventually, it would be nice to add a ignoreheading property and a
"insert-just-before-heading" property (e.g. for @@latex:\clearpage@@) in
ox.  We are not there yet.

Rasmus

--