Re: [O] command to skip the :PROPERTIES: drawer

From: Julien Cubizolles
Subject: Re: [O] command to skip the :PROPERTIES: drawer
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2016 00:25:08 +0100

> Hello,
>
> Julien Cubizolles <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Let's say you have an entry like the followin, with the point in the
>> Entry line. Is there an org command to put the mark on a newline after
>> :END: ? At the moment, I have too many C-n to type for my taste :-)
>>
>> *** Entry                                                   :B_action:
>> :PROPERTIES:
>> :BEAMER_env: action
>> :BEAMER_COL: 0.6
>> :END:
>
> See `org-end-of-meta-data'.

Thanks, the following works.

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(define-key org-mode-map "\C-ct" (lambda () (interactive)
(org-end-of-meta-data)))
#+end_src

I'm curious as to why this isn't an interactive function. My workflow is
usually

1. create an entry by C-return and eventually M-right or M-left
2. add the required properties
3. type the text in the entry

Without org-end-of-meta-data, going fro 2m to 3 is not straightforward.

Julien.