Re: [O] [RFC] Change \[..\] and $$...$$ into elements

From: Ethan Ligon
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Change \[..\] and $$...$$ into elements
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2015 20:25:15 +0000 (UTC)

Nicolas Goaziou <mail <at> nicolasgoaziou.fr> writes:

> Hello,
>
> The following patch changes status for \[..\] and $$...$$ from objects
> to elements.

I think I've already indicated my enthusiastic support for this change, but
let me do it again!  In /The TeXbook/ Donald Knuth writes that the markup for
display math mode allows "your manuscript to mirror what you  are trying to
accomplish."  I write all my manuscripts in  org-mode these days, in large
part because the mark-up is lighter-weight than it is for LaTeX, but at
present the preferred markup for display equations does *not* really allow
one to make the manuscript mirror what one is trying to do.

Enthusiastic thanks and support for this patch!

-Ethan