Re: [O] Bug: Export [8.3.2 (8.3.2-48-g700b8e-elpa @ /home/bvr/.emacs.d/e

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: Export [8.3.2 (8.3.2-48-g700b8e-elpa @ /home/bvr/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20151214/)]
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2015 14:27:25 -0500

"B.V. Raghav" <address@hidden> writes:

> Remember to cover the basics, that is, what you expected to happen and
> what in fact did happen.  You don't know how to make a good report?  See
>
>      http://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback
>
> Your bug report will be posted to the Org-mode mailing list.
>
> 1. find-file new-file.org
> 2. insert template default + texinfo
> 3. fill in title, subtitle, description etc.
> 4. fill some random nodes
> 5. export using <C-c> <C-e> i i
>
> Following backtrace of the error:
>> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument listp #("Modeling
>> notes for Mged" 0 23 (:parent (#1))))
>

> Emacs  : GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.18.2)
>  of 2015-10-25 on trouble, modified by Debian
> Package: Org-mode version 8.3.2 (8.3.2-48-g700b8e-elpa @
> /home/bvr/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20151214/)

I cannot reproduce it.

I tried with both current master and current maint: the latter is just two
commits ahead of the elpa version you have at this point and neither of
those two seems to have anything to do with texinfo. It seems plausible
that this might be caused by something in your setup: use

   emacs -q -l /some/minimal/init/file.el

to start emacs without (most of) your setup and see if you can reproduce
the problem there.

There are two other things you can do (and that's general advice, not
limited to this particular problem) to help us help you: 1) specify
steps 3 and 4 above more precisely (tell us *exactly* what you typed)
and 2) use uncompiled org-mode to produce the backtrace - you can reload
org-mode and make it use uncompiled code with

C-u M-x org-reload RET

See

   (info "(org) Feedback")

in particular the section entitled "How to create a useful backtrace"
for more details.

--
Nick