Re: [O] ox-html, top-row-p

From: Fabrice Popineau
Subject: Re: [O] ox-html, top-row-p
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 00:05:31 +0100

Hello,

Fabrice Popineau <address@hidden> writes:

> So the problem is due to lexical binding (I am using emacs 25 devel branch).
> The following variables can't be dynamically bound anymore in ox-html:
> row-number, rowgroup-number, start-rowgroup-p, end-rowgroup-p,
> top-row-p, bottom-row-p
> .
> There are 2 options :
> - declare them with defvar
> - pass them to eval as an environment.
> Here is a patch for the second option, but I wonder if the first one
> wouldn't be better.

Another option would be to remove that ugly `eval' hack altogether, and
instead use a function returning a string, called with 6 arguments (or
with 3 arguments: row-number, rowgroup-number, and list of symbols among
`top', `bottom', `start' and `end').

WDYT?

I am not fond of eval at all, at least not in this specific case.
So yes, your way is at least as good as what I did.

Fabrice