Re: [O] An issue with org-agenda-todo-list-sublevels

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] An issue with org-agenda-todo-list-sublevels
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2015 09:53:02 +0100

Hello,

Marcin Borkowski <address@hidden> writes:

> I have org-agenda-todo-list-sublevels set to nil.  However, given this
> tree:
>
> * DONE task
> ** TODO subtask
>
> it turns out that the todo list in the agenda shows the "subtask" anyway.
>
> Should it be so?  I would guess not.

It's not clear to to me it shouldn't be the case. AFAIU, the point of
`org-agenda-todo-list-sublevels' is not to skip TODO entries but to
limit the tasks you can process at a time.

> The reason I'd like to exclude this "subtask" from displaying is
> something like this: assume that I have a project, halfway done, which
> must be postponed for some reason.  I'd like to be able to do this:
>
> * SOMEDAY cool project
> ** DONE preparation
> ** TODO hard work
>
> where SOMEDAY is a done-type keyword.
>
> And of course, I don't want to be bothered by "hard work" in this case
> in my global todo list.
>
> Is there a way to achieve this?

You can use a dedicated function in `org-agenda-skip-function' for that
(e.g., ignore task if one of its parents is a done task).

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou