Re: [O] export subtree

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] export subtree
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 18:40:32 -0600

On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 6:27 PM, Herbert Sitz <address@hidden> wrote:
> Not a perfect solution, buy I think you can use the #+SELECT_TAGS option to
> set which tress will be exported by default, then tag your desired export
> tree with that tag.  Then when you export the full buffer (not just a
> subtree) it will choose the tree with that tag.

This was going to be my suggestion as well! In the case that a
majority of the document is desired for export, #+EXCLUDE_TAGS is
helpful as well. For reference:
- http://orgmode.org/manual/Export-settings.html

Export tags are fantastic, as one can add as many as desired and then
simply change the #+select_tags/#+exclude_tags target to generate a
bunch of variations from the same single .org file.

Maybe a little extreme and irrelevant to the OP need(s), but I've also
programmatically generated Org heading syntax with R, spit out
headlines with data driven content, inserted a \newpage at the end of
each, and then split them apart with stapler.[1] I was serving as a
financials secretary for a group at work, managing the budgets of many
chapter entities. This allowed me to start with a .csv with the target
spend for the next year, use R to create a document for each chapter,
and then send the chairs their tailored document vs. manually changing
figures and generating ~40 documents by hand. Worked slick! If any of
that sounds appealing/relevant, let me know and I can share an
example.

Best regards,
John