Re: [O] Beamer export: metropolis-theme specific question

From: zang_news
Subject: Re: [O] Beamer export: metropolis-theme specific question
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 09:09:20 +0100

Am 09.12.2015 12:45 schrieb Eric S Fraga:
On Tuesday,  8 Dec 2015 at 21:07, address@hidden wrote:
Dear fellow Orgers,

I like the metropolis beamer theme a lot [1], and I use it with Org
frequently. metropolis has a \plain macro that inserts a new, minimally styled slide optimal for a short statement or an image. In plain latex,
I would do e.g.

[...]

I just cannot get my head around how to tell Org to do this! If I do

* a normal frame with title etc.
some content

#+BEGIN_LATEX
\plain{another normal frame with title etc.}
#+END_LATEX

* another normal frame with title etc.
some other content

This is really tricky because a headline in org both ends the preceding
frame and starts a new frame. The only way I can think of is for you to
explicitly end and start the adjoining frames, as in:

#+begin_src org
  ,* a normal frame with title etc.
  some content

  ,#+BEGIN_LATEX
  \end{frame}
  \plain{another normal frame with title etc.}
  \begin{frame}{another normal frame with title etc.}
  ,#+END_LATEX

  some other content
#+end_src

This will be somewhat fragile, e.g. if previous frame has columns they
will also need to be terminated properly...

Thanks Eric, also for the explanation! This solution works for my setup, since I usually do not use columns.
Best, Christian