Re: [O] Beamer export: metropolis-theme specific question

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Beamer export: metropolis-theme specific question
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2015 11:45:19 +0000

On Tuesday,  8 Dec 2015 at 21:07, address@hidden wrote:
> Dear fellow Orgers,
>
> I like the metropolis beamer theme a lot [1], and I use it with Org
> frequently. metropolis has a \plain macro that inserts a new, minimally
> styled slide optimal for a short statement or an image. In plain latex,
> I would do e.g.

[...]

> I just cannot get my head around how to tell Org to do this! If I do
>
> * a normal frame with title etc.
> some content
>
> #+BEGIN_LATEX
> \plain{another normal frame with title etc.}
> #+END_LATEX
>
> * another normal frame with title etc.
> some other content

This is really tricky because a headline in org both ends the preceding
frame and starts a new frame.  The only way I can think of is for you to
explicitly end and start the adjoining frames, as in:

#+begin_src org
  ,* a normal frame with title etc.
  some content

  ,#+BEGIN_LATEX
  \end{frame}
  \plain{another normal frame with title etc.}
  \begin{frame}{another normal frame with title etc.}
  ,#+END_LATEX

  some other content
#+end_src

This will be somewhat fragile, e.g. if previous frame has columns they
will also need to be terminated properly...

HTH,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.0.50.2, Org release_8.3.2-379-g38fd09