Re: [O] org-ctrl-c-ctrl-c in comments

From: Charles C. Berry
Subject: Re: [O] org-ctrl-c-ctrl-c in comments
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2015 17:31:12 -0800

On Tue, 8 Dec 2015, Uwe Brauer wrote:

  > Use an org src block and you will be able to edit natively via
  > org-ctrl-c-ctrl-c. AFAICS, this behaves like `comment' in other
  > respects.

For me in GNU emacs 25.0.50.1 and org 8.3.1 the following works

  | Col1 | Col2  |
  |    1 | Name1 |
  |    2 | Name2 |
  |    3 | Name3 | ^  |

^=cursor C-c C-c gives

  | Col1 | Col2  |   |
  |    1 | Name1 |   |
  |    2 | Name2 |   |
  |    3 | Name3 |   |

But that does not:

Here is what I am doing

#+begin_src org :exports none :eval none

  | Col1 | Col2  |
  |    1 | Name1 |
  |    2 | Name2 |
  |    3 | Name3 |^ |

#+end_src

C-c C-c

Sorry. You have to put the code into an edit buffer to be able to use native org mode edit commands.

So with the cursor where you have indicated above,

: C-c ' C-c C-c C-c '

results in

#+begin_src org :exports none :eval none

  | Col1 | Col2  |   |
  |    1 | Name1 |   |
  |    2 | Name2 |   |
  |    3 | Name3 |   |

#+end_src

Of course, you probably want to do more editing than just the 'C-c C-c' bit, but you get the idea - enter the src edit buffer, edit away, when you are done exit the src edit buffer.

HTH,

Chuck