Re: [O] ox-latex

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] ox-latex
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2015 08:41:31 -0600

On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 3:23 AM, Raimund <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a bloody beginner on org-mode so I still am searching my way through the
> oceans of informations about getting along with org-mode.
>
> At the moment I am struggling with using latex-export and setting up (a)
> latex-class(es).
>
> I found some great instructions on worg: Latex Export vor org-mode < 8.0
>  and it says to make some changes in .emacs like:
>
> (require 'ox-latex)
>

> If I do that and eval-buffer emacs it reads:
>

> eval-buffer: Cannot open load file: ox-latex
>

> Now I don't know if it means ox-latex doesn't exist at all ... however, I
> thought to look out for ox-latex in the web to download and push it in my
> .emacs.d ... hmmm ... even though there are bunches of ox-whatsoever-files I
> failed to find ox-latex ... so I think I'm thinking wrong ... :-(
>
> Can anyone help me out here?

I think we'll need to start from the beginning. Could you let us know:

- how dd you install org-mode (Emacs package, git, did you extract a
.zip from somewhere, other)?
- where is that org-mode directory (e.g. /some/path/to/org-mode)?
- what's in your .emacs file related to org-mode basics (load-path,
require ox-* statements)?
- what do you get with this command in emacs:

M-x org-version

Perhaps we can get you going with a standard/default LaTeX export,
which will let you move on toward custom classes (and I think Thomas'
email already has some nice tips along that direction).

Thanks,
John