Re: [O] win xp 7 where is init.el (or .emacs)

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] win xp 7 where is init.el (or .emacs)
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2015 08:29:18 -0600

On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 5:26 AM, Renato Pontefice
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I've just found it.
> Following this tip
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10112663/home-directory-and-emacs-file-in-windows-7

I didn't get to this in time, but would have suggested the same. Using
both Linux and Win7, it's quite frustrating figuring out the various
Windows definitions of "home."

I use the same trick, by doing C-x C-f ~/ and then pressing TAB
repeatedly. If that's not enough, I've opened up a File Explorer to
try and follow along, doing ~/.. TAB (looking at the parent dir). On
my system, this ends up being something in C:\Users\Username\AppData\
and I can't recall which (using Linux at the moment), Local or Roaming
perhaps...

Glad you found it.

John