Re: [O] Citation processing via Zotero + zotxt

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] Citation processing via Zotero + zotxt
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2015 23:05:53 +0100

Hi,

Thomas S. Dye <address@hidden> writes:

> At the risk of introducing noise, I've long wondered if tex4ht might
> help with citation processing in Org mode?  IIUC, tex4ht uses the
> device-independent dvi file produced by TeX to make html, odt, and other
> formats. With an Org mode that relied on tex4ht, users would use BibTeX
> bibliographies, and Org mode documents with citations would be processed
> by LaTeX and a tex4ht script that would yield the correctly formatted
> in-text citations and bibliography in the desired output format.  Org mode
> would then parse this output and plug in the pieces at the right places.

tex4ht is beautiful piece of software.  For odt it creates perfect
citations and reference list.

I was thinking about utilizing biber for this purpose at some point.  I
forgot why I stopped looking at it...

It might be possible and if it is, it would be very nice, as biber and
biblatex are arguably the better tools.

> I'm in way over my head here and won't be surprised to learn that this
> idea is a bad one.  Given the wide-ranging nature of this discussion, I
> thought this might be the time to suggest it.

The last time I had to produce a "word document" with citations I used
tex4ht to generate the end-of-file bibliography and bibtex.el + hacks for
creating in-text citations.

Here’s snippets from my Makefile:

      paper_.docx: paper_.odm
              soffice --headless --convert-to odt paper_.odm; \
              soffice --headless --convert-to docx:"MS Word 2007 XML" paper_.odt

      paper_.odm: all_refs.odt paper.odt

      paper.odt: paper.org lit.bib
              emacs --batch --no-init-file --load paper-config/org-conf.el
paper.org --funcall org-odt-export-to-odt; \
              $(call LO-TBLWIDTH, paper.odt)

      all_refs.odt: all_refs.tex paper.pdf
              biber paper.bcf --output_format=bibtex -O cited.bib; \
              latexmk -dvi all_refs.tex; \
              mk4ht oolatex all_refs.tex; \
              abiword --to=odt all_refs.odt

With all_refs.tex: