Re: [O] problem with org-capture

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] problem with org-capture
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2015 10:02:05 +0100

Hello,

Charles Millar <address@hidden> writes:

> I think it is still broken in another way
>
> my template for capturing time as I work on a files -
>
>             ("s" "timeslip" table-line
>              (file "/mnt/Data/ActiveFiles/EmacsFiles/timeslips.org")
>              "\| %(org-read-date)\| %^{FileName} %i\| %^{Narrative}
> %i\| %^{Time} %i\| %^{Expense} %i"
>
> Last week the prompt org-read-date would pull up the calendar first;
> now the template jumps first to FileName, then Narrative,then Time,
> then Expense, then back to org-read-date.

Well, this one is to be expected. S-exp placeholders are evaluated only
once. This currently happens at the end of the process because some
users do

  %(do-stuff "%i")

Here you want it to happen at the beginning of the process, which is not
quite compatible with the behaviour above.

I guess we could check if the S-exp contains any placeholder to decide
if it should be evaluated at the beginning or the end of the process,
but that somehow sounds cheesy.

> After C-c C-c there is anywhere 5 to 20 second delay.

I'm not sure this is related to the change. Could you use
elp-intrument-package and post the details?

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou