[O] Bug: org-publish-find-title called before cache initialization signa

From: Arun Isaac
Subject: [O] Bug: org-publish-find-title called before cache initialization signals "no cache present" [8.3.1 (release_8.3.1-505-g6b2c38 @ /home/arunisaac/.emacs.d/org-mode/lisp/)]
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2015 21:11:21 +0530

If org-publish-find-title is called before org-publish-cache is
initialized (by some routine calling org-publish-initialize-cache), a
"no cache present" error is signalled.

This happens because org-publish-find-title does not pass a PROJECT-NAME
argument to org-publish-cache-get-file-property. Only if a PROJECT-NAME
argument is passed to org-publish-cache-get-file-property does it
initialize the cache.

Can this be considered a bug? Is org-publish-cache-get-file-property
supposed to automatically initialize the cache if it is not present? Or
is the user supposed to initialize the cache manually if required?

In my use case, my preparation-function calls
org-publish-find-title. However org-publish-projects initializes the
cache only after executing the preparation function. Hence I get a "no
cache present" error.

I could work around this problem by simply initializing the cache on my
own. But, I'm wondering if this can be fixed at a more fundamental
level.

Thank you,
Arun Isaac.

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.16.6)
 of 2015-09-10 on foutrelis
Package: Org-mode version 8.3.1 (release_8.3.1-505-g6b2c38 @
/home/arunisaac/.emacs.d/org-mode/lisp/)