[O] a post-processing export hook?

From: John Kitchin
Subject: [O] a post-processing export hook?
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2015 19:50:49 -0500

Hi all,

I tried using org-export-before-parsing-hook to modify an org-file prior
to export to replace some regular expressions with html.

I ran into the following issue. For short substitutions,
@@html:replacement@@ worked fine. If the replacement text got too long,
this broke. I did wrap it in a #+begin_html: block, but that introduced
line breaks that were undesireable. The replacement text was long
because I had a large tool tip to put on some text.

I ended up doing a post-process like this:

(with-current-buffer (org-html-export-as-html)
  (org-process-key-bindings 'html)
  (org-process-emacs-commands 'html)
  (write-file "blog.html")
  (browse-url "blog.html"))

But, I wondered if there should be a post-export hook? I can see some
challenge for pdf export, for example. The hook should run after the
latex export, not after the pdf is made.

I could have used a filter on a paragraph, which is where most of the
things I was modifying were. Is there some other way I could have done
this?

--
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F