Re: [O] Fwd: Citation processing via Zotero + zotxt

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Fwd: Citation processing via Zotero + zotxt
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2015 15:28:51 +0000

On Tuesday,  1 Dec 2015 at 07:12, Matt Price wrote:
> I love Zotxt. my only concern is for those people who run a remote Emacs.
> If, say, you run emacs on a server that you access by ssh, it will not be
> possible to process your citations with org.

I'm not sure I understand this.

Is the implication that one will need to be connected to the Internet to
be able to export citations?  If so, this is not good.  I do much, often
most, of my writing while off-line (long train journeys every day).  It
would be quite intrusive to my writing habits to have to ensure that I
can connect to prepare actual exported documents.

For most, this may not be an issue so obviously my concern should not
derail any progress etc. but I am probably not alone...  Clarification,
in any case, would be welcome.

thanks,
eric
--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.0.50.2, Org release_8.3.2-355-g18f083